IC engine mcq questions for all competitive exam like ssc je, rrb je, psu, ESE, AE etc. All questions are asked in previous years.
- Polymerisation is a chemical process in which molecules of a compound become
(b) slowed down
Ans. – (a) larger
- The term scavenging is generally associated with (a) 2-stroke cycle engines (b) 4-stroke cycle engines (c) aeroplane engines
(d) diesel engines
(e) high efficiency engines.
Ans. – (e) high efficiency engines.
- In diesel engine, the compression ratio in comparison to expansion ratio is
4 The cam shaft of a four stroke I.C. engine running
at 1500 rmp will run at
(a) 1500 rpm
(b) 700 rpm✔️
(c) 3000 rpm
(d) any value independent of engine speed
(e) none of the above.
- Engine pistons are usually made of aluminium alloy because it
(a) is lighter ✔️
(b) wears less
(c) absorbs shocks
(d) is stronger
(e) does not react with fuel and lub oil.
- Most high speed compression engines operate on
(a) Otto cycle
(b) Diesel cycle
(d) Carnot cycle
(e) Two stroke cycle.
- The specific fuel consumption of a petrol engine compared to diesel engine of same H.P. is
(d) less or more depending on operating conditions
- A diesel engine as compared to petrol engine (both running arrated load) is
(a) more efficient✔️
(b) less efficient
(c) equally efficient
(e) other factors will decide it.
- The size of inlet valve of an engine in comparison exhaust valve is to
(d) more/less depending on capacity of engine
(e) varies from design to design.
Also CheckThermodynamics mcq questions