UPSC CDS 1 Exam 2021: Check CDS 1 Exam Notification, Eligibility, Vacancies, Exam Pattern
UPSC CDS I Exam 2021: Union Public Service Commission has issued a notification related to CDS Exam (I) to fill 345 vacancies in Defense Department. The candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all the eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. The interested candidates should apply for the written examination which has been scheduled for 07th February 2021.
For the candidates, we have given complete information about UPSC CDS I Exam 2021 here in this article, read it completely, and stay tuned with us for every latest update.
|online registration start||28th October 2020|
|Last date of registration||17th November 2020|
|Exam Date||07th February 2021|
Name of the Course and Approximate No. of Vacancies
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 152 (DE) Course commencing in January, 2022 [including 13 vacancies reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders]—— 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in January, 2022 Executive (General Service)/Hydro [including 06 vacancies for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Naval Wing through NCC Special entry ) holders ].——- 26
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in January, 2022 i.e. No. 211 F(P) Course. [including 03 vacancies are reserved for NCC `C’ Certificate (Air Wing) holders through NCC Spl. Entry]——-32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 115th SSC (Men) (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2022——170
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) 29th SSC Women (NT) (UPSC) Course commencing in April, 2022.——-17
UPSC CDS I 2021 Vacancies
A total of 345 vacancies has been announced by the authority, which has been detailed course wise in the below table.
|Name of the academy||Number of Vacancies|
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||100|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||26|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men||170|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women||17|
UPSC CDS 1 Eligibility Criteria 2021
The Eligibility Criteria set by the authority for UPSC CDS 1 Recruitment 2021 are as follows:
Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status
Check Age Limit, Sex, and Marital Status For UPSC CDS I Recruitment 2021:
- Indian Military Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Course for men): Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003 only are eligible.
- Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried, and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2003.
- Air Force Academy: 20 to 24 years as of 1st January 2022 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1998 and not later than 1st January 2002. (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and 7 current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable up to 26 years. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd January 1996 and not later than 1st January 2002 only are eligible.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai- Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy- Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy- Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Graduates with the first choice as Army/Navy/Air Force are to submit proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
For candidates (excluding women / SC / ST candidates exempted from payment of fees), Rs. A fee of Rs. 200 / – (Rupees two hundred only) either by depositing money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa / Master / RuPay credit / debit card.
Steps for submitting UPSC CDS 1 2021 Online Application Form:
- Click the above link for the UPSC CDS I Online Application Form.
- As the new tab opens, click the option, “Click here for Part I registration”. and on the next page, Check for the declaration at the bottom of the page, “Yes, I Agree”.
- Fill the personal details carefully from the documents
- Finally, Agree for declaration and Submit Part I of UPSC CDS I Online Application Form.
- Go to Part II of the form and make Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination center, uploading of Photograph, Signature, Photo Identity Card Document and Declaration.
- Verify all the credentials and then click Submit, download your application form for future use.
UPSC CDS 1 Exam Pattern 2021
|Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy Written Examination||English||2 hours||100|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
|Officers’ Training Academy Written Examination||English||2 hours||100|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Intelligence and Personality Test||Face-to-Face Interview||6-7 Days||Qualifying|